常识大全

山东自考英语二课件

时间:2020-12-06 12:13:40 常识大全 我要投稿

山东自考英语二课件

  山东省自考英语有什么内容呢?主要内容是什么?下面小编给你带来山东自考英语二课件里面的具体内容!

山东自考英语二课件

  Unit 2

  (山东省自考英语)

  Text A

  Caught Between Two Cultures 夹在两种文化之间

  I was born and raised in Hong Kong.

  我是土生土长的香港人。

  For the past six years I’ve been living in the United States.

  六年来一直生活在美国,

  I work as a salesgirl in a large department store.

  是一家大百货商店的女售货员。

  Right now I’m going through a difficult period of my life which is hard for me to talk about.

  目前我正经历人生中一段痛苦,自己也很难讲述。

  A few months ago 1 went to Hong Kong for a visit.

  几个月前,我回香港探亲,

  It was the first time I’d gone back there since coming to the United States.

  这也是我到美国后第一次回家探亲。

  I was eager to see my parents,my brothers and sisters,and my friends.

  我期待着见到我的父母、兄弟姐妹和我的朋友。

  I really got a shock when I arrived.

  到达时,我确实大吃一惊。

  Hong Kong was not the same city that I left six years ago.

  香港已经不是六年前我离开时的那座城市了。

  Things had changed so much that I didn’t recognize parts of it.

  这儿发生了巨大的变化,一些地方都认不出来了。

  My elementary school was gone.

  我读书的那所小学已经不复存在。

  The houses on the street where I used to live had been torn down and replaced by office buildings.

  曾经住过的那条街上的房子已被拆掉,代之而起的是办公大楼。

  The shock from the physical changes in the city,however,was nothing compared to the confusion and hurt I soon began to feel in my parents’home.

  但是,我到了父母亲家里不久,就发现了一些令我想不通的问题,情感上也受到了挫伤。与之相比,香港外观上的变化给我的震惊算不得什么。

  My family greeted me warmly when I arrived.

  我的家人热情地迎接我回家。

  While my mother was busy preparing a special dinner in my honor,the rest of the family eagerly asked me questions about my life in the United States.

  我母亲忙着备饭为我接风,家里其余的人迫不及待地问我在美国的生活。

  I felt happy that day and for a couple of days after,but then I began to feel that something was wrong.

  那天和之后的几天我都非常高兴, 但是不久我就开始感觉到事情有些不对劲儿。

  I noticed that my family,especially my mother, would sometimes glance at me in a strange way when I was speaking.

  我注意到,在我讲话的时候,我的家人,尤其是我母亲,会以一种奇怪的目光看我。

  They gradually became less warm and friendly toward me,and I became uncomfortable and confused as to(至于) why they were behaving that way.

  渐渐地,大家对我疏远起来,不像开始时那么热情、友好了, 我感到不舒服,弄不明白他们为什么这样对待我。

  I decided to talk to my mother.

  我决定和母亲谈一谈。

  She asked me,“Have you forgotten your Chinese way ?”

  她问我:“你忘了中国的规矩了吗?”

  I asked her what she meant.

  我问她指的是什么。

  She said.“You’ve forgotten the place of women in a Chinese home.

  她回答说:“你忘了中国家庭里女人的地位了。

  You talk when you should remain silent.

  应该保持沉默的'时候,你却在讲话。

  You speak on matters that are of concern only to men.

  你就那些只与男人有关的事情发表见解。

  You speak openly of your inner feelings and desires.

  你直言不讳你的内心感受和愿望,

  That’s not the way of a Chinese woman.

  这不是中国女人的做法。

  We keep our thoughts and feelings to ourselves.”

  我们的想法和感情都不说出来。”

  As my mother spoke,I realized what had happened to me.

  听着母亲这样讲,我意识到了是怎么回事。

  American including American women,are much freer in expressing their thoughts and feelings.

  美国人,包括美国女性,都非常自由地表达自己的思想和感情。

  Also American women feel as free as men to speak or give an opinion about any subject.

  美国男女一样,对任何问题都自由地发表见解。

  They don’t take a silent back seat during a discussion.

  在讨论中,她们不会做一个沉默的旁观者。

  I guessed that through my association with Americans during the past six years,,I had gradually adopted some of their ways.

  我想,过去六年和美国人的交往中, 我渐渐学了他们的一些做法。

  During the next few days I tried to be a Chinese woman.

  接下来的几天,我尽力作一名中国女性,

  But it didn’t work.My family remained distant from me.

  可是没用。家人和我疏远。

  They could no longer accept me fully as one of them.

  他们无法完全把我当作自己人。

  I became more uncomfortable and hurt as things were said and done that made me feel that I was an outsider,a stranger in my own country.

  身在家乡却被视为外人,这使我更加不自在,感觉受到了深深的伤害。

  I cut my visit short by three weeks and came back to the United States.

  我提前三周结束了这次探亲,回到美国。

  But coming back here didn’t lessen the confusion and pain.

  但是回来之后并没有减轻我的困惑和苦恼。

  In fact, I feel more confused than before.

  事实上,我比以前更加困惑,

  I now feel homeless.

  感到无家可归。

  I don’t feel like an American.

  我感觉自己不是美国人,

  Americans haven’t accepted me.

  美国人也不接受我。

  The women I work with at the store are polite enough,but they don’t try to get close to me or let me get close to them.

  商店里一起工作的女同事们都对我非常礼貌,但是她们不接近我,我也无法接近她们。

  During the morning coffee break they make plans to have lunch together and go shopping.

  上午工作休息喝咖啡时她们计划一起吃午饭,一起购物;

  On Fridays they talk about the disco place they’re going to that night.

  星期五她们谈论晚上要去哪家迪厅,

  They never include me in their plans 。

  但是从未将我列入她们的计划。

  My accent, my name,and my oriental features mark me as a foreigner.

  我的口音、名字和东方人的长相显示我是个外国人。

  I’ve felt for a long time that I wasn’t being accepted by Americans,but I’d felt that I was Chinese and that my home was Hong Kong.

  长期以来,我感到自己是中国人,我的故乡是香港,自己不被美国人接受。

  Now I no longer consider Hong Kong my home.

  现在我不再将香港视为我的故乡,

  And so I feel homeless.

  因此感到无家可归。

  I’m caught between the old world where I no 1onger belong and the new world which has not yet accepted me.

  我被夹在两个世界当中——不再属于原来的世界,还未被新世界接纳。

  第二课

  1、It was the first time I’d gone back home since coming to the United States.

  这是我来美国后第一次回家探亲。

  2、You speak on matters that are of concern(涉及) only to men.

  你对那些只与男人有关的事情发表意见。

  3、Through my association(交往) with Americans during the past six years, I had gradually (逐渐地)adopted(采用) some of their ways.

  在过去的六年和美国人的交往中,我逐渐学会了他们的一些做法。

  4、I no longer belong to the old world and the new world has not yet accepted me.

  我不再属于旧世界,但还未被新世界接纳。

  5、I no longer consider Hong Kong my home and feel homeless.

  我不再将香港视做我的故乡,感到无家可归。

  6、Things had changed so much in Hong Kong that I didn’t recognize parts of it.

  香港发生了巨大的变化,有些地方都认不出来了。

  7、I cut my visit short by three weeks and came back to the United States.

  我提前三周结束了这次访问,回到美国。

  8、They gradually(逐渐地) became less warm and friendly toward me.

  他们对我渐渐地疏远起来,不像开始时那麽友好。

  9、My mother prepared a special dinner in my honor.

  我母亲特意为我准备了一顿饭。

  10、They don’t take a silent(沉默的) back seat during a discussion.

  在讨论中,他们不会做一个沉默的旁观者。

  11、Coming back here didn’t lessen(减少) my confusion(混乱) and pain.

  回来之后我的困惑和苦恼并没有减轻。

  12、The houses on the street where I used to live had been torn down(拆卸) and replaced by office buildings.

  我曾经住的那条街上的房子被拆掉了,代之而起的是办公大楼。

  “Culture shock”occurs as a result of total immersion in a new culture.

  “文化冲击”是完全浸人一种新文化所产生的结果。

  It happens to “people who have been suddenly moved abroad”.

  这一现象经常发生在“突然移居国外的人”身上。

  Newcomers may be anxious because they do not speak the language,know the customs,or understand people’s behavior in daily ['deili] ad. 每日地,日常地a. 每日的,日常的life.初来乍到者与当地人讲不同的语言,不了解当地的习俗,也无法理解人们日常生活中的行为。他们会因此而感到焦虑不安。

  The visitor finds that “yes”may not always mean“yes",

  旅游者发现“是”并非总代表“赞同”,

  that friendliness does not necessarily mean friendship,

  友好不一定代表友谊,

  or that statements that appear to be serious are really intended as jokes.

  听起来严肃的话语也许只是玩笑。

  The foreigner may be unsure as to(至于)when to shake hands or hug,when to start conversations,or how to approach a stranger.

  外国人无法确定什么情况下该握手,什么情况下该拥抱,什么时候开始说话,如何结识陌生人。

  The notion(概念) of “culture shock” helps explain feelings of bewilderment (n.困惑 ).

  “文化冲击”可以帮助我们解释这种困惑感。

  Language problems do not account for all the frustrations (n.挫折)that people feel.

  语言并非造成人们这种挫折感的全部原因。

  When one is deprived ( vt.夺去)of everything that was once(adv.一次) familiar [ a.熟悉的;冒昧的 ],such as understanding a transportation system,

  knowing how to register for university classes,or knowing how to make friends.difficulties in dealing with the new society may arise

  .像交通系统,注册大学课程,交友等这些一个人曾经熟悉的一切全部消失,他在新社会中肯定会碰到一些困难。

  Text B

  Culture Shock — The Initial Stresses 文化冲击—最初的压力

  My friend Dr.Dong had a wonderful chance to go to Seattle to present a paper at a professional meeting.

  我的朋友董医生有幸获得了一次去西雅图在一个专业会议上做学术报告的好机会。

  Having attended my course in Intercultural Communications, he consulted me to review some of the cultural differences he might experience.

  已经上过我的跨文化交际课程,他请我帮他温习一下他可能遇到的一些文化差异。

  I also gave him the phone number of a friend of mine who lived in the area.

  我也把在当地居住的一个朋友的电话号码给了他。

  When he got back,we met to review his experience.

  他回来后,我们又聚到一起回顾了他的经历。

  Dr.Dong told me that the course information had helped him.

  董医生告诉我,跨文化交际课上学的东西派上了用场。

  He experienced the typical stages of culture shock.

  他经历了文化冲击的典型阶段。

  He arrived expectant and happy and enjoyed his first days very much.

  他满怀期待高高兴兴地到了美国,非常愉快地度过了最初几天。

  At the medical conference, he felt quite confident of his area of research and was able to perform well in his presentation.

  在医学会议上,他对自己的研究领域颇为自信,而且他所做的发言也相当成功。

  But after a few days, he began to feel uncomfortable.

  但几天后,他开始感到有些不适应了。

  His medical English was fine, but the social interaction skills were different, and he was unsure of the cues and the communication styles.

  他的医学英语不错,可是社会交往技能却是另一码事,他拿不准那些暗示及交际风格。

  He worried more and more that he was misunderstanding simple English greetings and table talk conventions.

  他焦躁不安,连简单的英文问候语以及餐桌交谈习俗也弄不懂了。

  When people greeted him with,“Hi,how’s it going ?” he thought they had asked him “where are you going ?” and answered with the name of the conference hall,only to get a confused stare from them.

  有人用“嗨,一切都好吗?”和他打招呼, 他以为是问他“你要去哪儿?”,答之以会议厅的名字,结果招来了疑惑的目光。

  At a western style dinner, a colleague asked,“So how’re you enjoy in ’ the States?” he thought he heard,“So how are you enjoying your steak?” and answered that he was having chicken,not beef.

  在一次西式的晚宴上,一位同事问他:“你在美国过得好吗?” 他听成了“你觉得牛排味道如何?”,回答他在吃鸡肉,不是牛肉。

  That time,his colleague smiled, and patiently repeated the question.

  那次,那位同事笑了,并耐心重复了他的问题,

  At last,they both laughed at the error.

  之后俩人对这个错误大笑一通。

  Such failures in understandings and communications were minor.

  这类误解和交流不畅还是次要的。

  But for Dr.Dong, they were the beginning of a sense of“ cultural confusion”.

  但对董医生来说, 它们是“文化困惑”感的开始。

  By the end of the meetings, he felt a deep sense of“ cultural stress ”and was worn out from having to pay attention to so many new expressions and ways of dealing [ n.买卖;待遇 vt.给予 ]with things.

  在会议快要结束时,他深深地感到了“文化压力”,为待人接物时那么多的新表达方法和方式而感到精疲力竭。

  He felt his handshake was not as firm as Americans’, found that people reacted[反应(常与to连用)]unusually when he modestly insisted his English was not good after they complimented him,

  didn’t know how to accept dinner invitations properly and therefor missed out on going to several lunches,and so on.

  他感到自己握手不如美国人那么有力;人们称赞他时,他谦虚地坚持说自己的英语不好,他发现别人的反应异乎寻常;由于搞不清如何适当地接受宴会邀请而错过了几次午餐,如此等等,不一而足。

  Eventually,he was so bewildered [vt.迷惑;弄糊涂] that he felt the full impact(冲击) of“ culture shock”.

  最终他被搞得不知所措,彻底感受了“文化冲击”。

  What is culture shock and why does it occur ? The term was coined about 50 years ago by a Swedish scholar.

  什么是文化冲击,为什么会存在文化冲击?这一术语是大约50年前一位瑞典学者最先创造使用的。

  His seminal article ,“Culture Shock; Adjustment to New Cultural Environments ”has been reprinted and revised for many textbooks and magazines.

  其拓荒之作《文化冲击:适应新的文化环境》为许多教科书及杂志所再版和修订。

  He called it “the occupational disease of people who have been suddenly transplanted abroad”.

  他将“文化冲击”定义为“突然移居海外的人所患的职业病”。

  His use of the word“disease ”is a pun, because it implies that it is like an“ illness” with its own “symptoms and cure”. but also that the root cause is also a feeling of “dis-”ease or unsettled uneasiness.

  他用的“disease”这个词是个双关语, 因为它暗示这如同一种“病,有其自身的症状和疗法”,而且其根源也是一种(dis)不(ease)适或心神不宁的感觉。

  Think back on your own experience.

  回想一下你自己的经历。

  Have you ever moved from one context to another ?

  你曾从一个环境迁到另一个吗?

  Many students feel this adjustment shock when they change from one school to another,or move from a small town to a big city.

  很多学生,从一所学校转到另一所,或从一个小镇到一座大城市时,都会感到这种顺应冲击。

  The sensations one feels in new surroundings often include:

  在新的环境下人们的感受经常包括:

  Feeling like an outsider,feeling unsure of oneself or even feeling stupid;

  感到像个局外人,对自己没有信心,甚至感到愚蠢;

  Sensing that one’s language skills aren’t good enough,missing jokes,colloquial phrases, references to TV shows or pop songs or other cultural“insider”information;

  感到自己的语言能力不足,领会不了笑话、口语化用语的含义,也搞不懂电视节目及流行歌曲或其他文化“内涵”的信息;

  Feeling uneasy and unsettled,irritable and increasingly short-tem-pered;

  感到不适和不安,易激怒并且脾气越来越暴躁;

  Feeling lonely and wanting to go“home”,feeling more and more like a stranger or outcast;

  感到孤独并且想要回”家”,感觉愈来愈像个陌生人和被抛弃的人;

  Feeling overwhelmed,overloaded,daydreaming,staring blankly at things or even staring at nothing;

  感到不能自持.负担过重,想人非非,失神发呆;

  Becoming more and more afraid of communicating and of making mistakes,worried anxious.

  越来越害怕交流和犯错误,担心、焦虑。

  These are all symptoms of initial culture shock.

  这些都是文化冲击的最初症状。

  With a new context come new ways of doing things.

  新的环境伴随着新的行事方法。

  Being uninitiated and unsure of what to do ,people usually have a strong sense of displacement in the beginning.

  最初若没有积极性并且不知道该做什么,这种移位感通常都很强烈。

  But the good news is that we humans are very good at adapting.

  但是好在我们人类很善于调整适应。

  Though almost all of us undergo some degree of mental stress in this period. after a few weeks or months, we learn how to“read” our new context.

  尽管在转变过程中都经历了某种程度的心理压力,数周至数月后,我们就学会如何“解读”新环境,

  We become aware of the new cues,the new expectations,and the new ways of communicating.

  逐渐懂得了新的暗示、新的期望、新的交际方法。

  With some trials (n. 考验,磨难,困难,患难) and errors(错误),and with a 1ot of patience( n. 忍耐)with ourselves , most of us succeed in overcoming culture shock and learn to enjoy our new context.

  几经磨练,加上自己的耐心,大多数人成功地克服了文化冲击,学会享受新环境。

  Dr.Dong’s visit to the US was only three weeks long,but by the end of the five-day medical conference,

  董医生的美国之行仅仅3周的时间,但未等5天的医学会议结束,

  he was already starting to feel more confident.

  他已经开始感到比较自信了。

  Sure he felt a little foolish about some of the mistakes he had made,

  当然他感到自己所犯的一些错误有点儿愚蠢,

  but he quickly learned to laugh at his errors and found that his colleagues smiled with him.

  但他很快就学会调侃自己的过错,并发现他的同事也在向他微笑。

  This broke down the barriers to communication and helped him build some good professional (专业的)relationships.

  这些消除了交流的障碍,帮助他建立了一些良好的业务关系

  And after the conference, he contacted 联系the family I had referred him to and had a very nice time visiting them.

  会议结束后,他同我提到的那一家人取得联系,并愉快地拜访了他们。

  There were some new cultural surprises, but he discovered he could better understand and adapt to them.

  在此过程中他又经历了一些新的文化惊奇,但他发现他能够更好地了解并适应他们。

  By the time he returned to China,he was feeling quite positive about this American trip,and was glad for the new experiences and new skills it had given him.

  回到中国,他感到此次美国之行很有意义,对此行的新经历和获得的新技能感到高兴。

  He had become successful in the initial period in a new culture.

  接触一种新文化的最初阶段,他取得了成功,

  Though he had gone through some embarrassing culture stresses,each had proven to be a valuable learning experience,and in the end had helped him overcome his culture shock.

  尽管经历了一些尴尬的文化压力,但每一次都证明是颇有价值的学习经历,并且,最终帮助他战胜了文化冲击。

【山东自考英语二课件】相关文章:

关于自考英语二学习技巧03-10

初二英语精品ppt课件12-11

初二英语ppt课件Sports12-11

初二英语人教版优秀课件12-11

高二英语课件ppt12-10

人教版高二英语课件12-10

外研版高二英语课件12-10

英语ppt高二课件12-09

北师大版高二英语课件12-10

初二人教版英语ppt课件12-11